- Gut and Psychology Syndrome: Natural Treatment for Autism, Dyspraxia, A.D.D., Dyslexia, A.D.H.D., Depression, Schizophrenia by Natasha Campbell-McBride
- Internal Bliss – GAPS Cookbook (Recipes designed for those following the Gut and Psychology Syndrome Diet) cookbook
- GAPS Guide 2nd Edition: Simple Steps to Heal Bowels, Body, and Brain by Baden Lashkov
- The Heal Your Gut Cookbook: Nutrient-Dense Recipes for Intestinal Health Using the GAPS Diet by Hilary Boynton
- Nourishing Broth: An Old-Fashioned Remedy for the Modern World by Sally Fallon Morell
- Recipes for the Specific Carbohydrate Diet: The Grain-Free, Lactose-Free, Sugar-Free Solution to IBD, Celiac Disease, Autism, Cystic Fibrosis, and Other Health Conditions by Raman Prasad
- Cooking with GAPS (DVD) full of recipes and practical tips
- www.helladelicious.com lots of easy recipes for cooking for GAPS
- The FAQ page on www.gaps.me is updated regularly by Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride and will answer many questions.
- GAPS/SCD Facebook Community
- www.immunitrition.com Helpful products for GAPS including supplements and probiotics (Bio-Kult etc)
In general Dr Natasha does not recommend testing. It is expensive and often gives quite variable results. These companies offer some options. The Ubiome is quite interesting in general and you can order a kit so you can get a before and after look at your microbiome. But if you have certain symptoms you may as well just start the diet so we have some links to some helpful questionaires as well.
- Coca Pulse Test for Food Sensitivities, Allergies, and Intolerances
The following resources are mostly for Vancouver, BC
- Winter Market at Nat Bailey Stadium, Summer – Trout Lake Market Saturdays, 10am – 2pm
- Rain City Soups
- Gelderman Farms Ltd
Quality pork products.
- Fresh off the Boat
604 538 9182
Wild seafood available at the farmers markets
- Jane’s Honey Bees
604 790 0625
Best quality and price for tubs of local honey which come from all kinds of blossoms. You save a lot of money buying a $35 tub of honey!
- Home on the Range Organics
235 East Broadway
Wide variety of grass-fed, free-range meats, dairy, gelatin, nut milks, fermented cod liver oil and more.
- Pasture to Plate
1420 Commercial Drive
Vancouver, BC V5L 3X9
Biodynamic meat and kombucha
- Harkness and Co. (butcher)
666 East Broadway,
Vancouver, BC, V5T 1X6.
- Ayoub’s Dried Fruits and Nuts
604 732 6887
- East End Food Co-Op
1034 Commercial Drive
Organic foods, grass-fed meat and dairy, raw cheese. Good selection of healthy organic vegetables.
- Urban Digs Farm
Pastured meats, eggs, stocks, lard, sausages, pate and more
- Empire Valley Premium Beef
250 459 0024
- K & M Farms
28494 MacLure Road
Abbotsford, BC V4X 1L4
604 857 8912
Pasture Raised chickens and turkeys (pick up)
- Kine Meats
604 241 2333
- Vale Farms
250 547 2382
Grass-fed beef and broth
- Farm Fresh Reference Guide to local farms in Fraser Valley.
- Krocodile Pear — organic juices, nut milks, grain free snacks.
- Gourmet Warehouse
1340 East Hastings Street
Vancouver, BC V5L-1S3
- Much and Little
2541 Main Street
Vancouver BC V5T 3E5
Riess enamelware pots, pans, bowls, strainers and more.
- Homesteader’s Emporium
649 East Hastings Street
Vancouver, BC V6A 1R2
- Von Hardenberg Candles
604 462 9244
Clean burning beeswax candles
- Water Matters
2539 Laurel St
Vancouver, BC V5Z4P8
Water filters, vitamin C for baths, ancient minerals bath flakes, Himalayan salt and earthing mats
1906 Commercial Drive (@3rd Ave),
Vancouver BC V5N 4A7
604-253-3389: Loose herbs for teas, chemical free shampoo, ancient minerals bath flakes, vitamin C powder for baths, shower filters, essential oils and more
- The Laundry Ball
Clean Clothes, Without Chemicals
- Royal Herbs
604 585 7994
Herbal soaps and shampoos